- Complementary Therapy
- Mentoring (U18)
- Befriending (18+)
- Bereavement Support
- Empowering Young Minds Project for 8-25 year olds (National Lottery Funded)
- Suicide and Self Harm Awareness Workshops (available on request)
- MHFA- Mental Health First Aid Training
What is Complementary Therapy?
Reflexology, Massage, Reiki and aromatherapy are holistic complementary therapies. Unlike conventional medicine, the holistic approach seeks to treat the person as a whole looking at all aspects of their lives. Complementary therapies can help to restore the body’s natural equilibrium and balance and when the body is relaxed and in balance it can cope with the everyday stresses and strains of life much more effectively.
Complementary therapies can; boost the immune system, help eliminate toxins, help relieve pain, improve circulation, improve sleep patterns, increase energy levels, induce deep relaxation, reduce stress and tension, restore balance to body systems.
What is Mentoring/ Befriending?
Essential mentoring and befriending are the same thing however Mentoring is for those under 18 years of age and befriending is for those over 18 years of age. Befriending is simply a supported friendship between two people. Vulnerable people may require a befriender as they may have be experiencing mental ill health or poor emotional wellbeing, is isolated feels lonely or has difficulty making social contact for whatever reason. The person may be at risk of suicide or self harm.
Befriending provides safe, reliable, friendly social contact which brings companionship, interest and fun and adds social normality to a person’s life.
What is MHFA?
- Mental Health First Aid
- The 12-hour course covers a number of topics including:
- what is meant by mental health/mental ill health
- the signs and symptoms of common mental health problems including depression,
- anxiety disorders, and psychosis
- the range of effective interventions and treatments
- how to access help and support.
We can also run a basic Mental Health, Suicide and Self Harm awareness workshop.
If you would like any information on any of our services and training please feel free to get in touch.